Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Within my company we have a report that is used to show all open purchase orders(PO). This report is called the "Open PO report". As far as I can tell this is a custom report and it has some minor coding in it (written by our MS partner). An example is the code below:
display dlvdate AVA_PurchDeliveryDate()
Now for my question. When a PO is made the delivery date is put into the order. It's quite common for the delivery date to be changed afterwards however, this is not reflected in the report. The report will still show the original delivery date.
What could be causing this? I know some fields don't update until you've executed a certain step within AX; is this the case for this field as well?
Thank you for any/all help you may be able to provide.
Have you examined if the business process of changing delivery date and the related system functionality actually changes the field PurchTable.DeliveryDate or it is some other field that is changed ?
I will suggest please check your delivery date field mapping logic. Is it direct purchtable deliverydate field mapped to report display column. If field is under purchtable and once browse to AOT, can you see the updated value. if yes, it should display in report. Please refresh your data and check.
Thank you both for your suggestions. I've got a date with someone from the purchase department this afternoon so I'll dig into how they work with the delivery date fields.
I did notice there's also a delivery date field in the purchase lines. As of now I'm thinking the problem is caused by changing this field instead of the actual PurchTable.DeliveryDate but I'll see for sure this afternoon.
The report references a different delivery date field from the one that is actually changed by the purchase department. Thank you both for your suggestions!
Business Applications communities