Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I have the following scenario: For a customer, i need to delivery 10 pcs of Item 1 and to invoice only 5 through the Project module (partial invoice). In order to achieve this, I use the following steps:
- on a project, I have an Item Requirement for which the system creates a sales order with type Item Requirements (qty 10, unit price 10, net amount 100)
- after creating the sales order, the sales dept want to offer an additional discount. So, I change the type to Journal and update the discount on the sales line and the sales amount is updated (discount 1, updated net amount = 90)
- change back the type to Item Requirements
- post the packing slip for that item
- a Posted transaction is created on the project level (qty(10)*sales price(10) = 90 (line amount))
- I need to create an invoice only for qty 5. I adjust the posted transaction, split the line in order to have 2 transactions, each with qty 5 and change the line property to "no charge" to line 1 in order not to be proposed for invoicing
- the new lines have qty*sales price = sales amount: 5*10=50 and on the invoice proposal, I don't have the sales discount.
My question is: is there a workaround in order to partially invoice a posted transaction or other way to my proposed solution but to still keep the sales discount?
How did you change the type of the journal (SO)?
Wouldn't it be the easiest way to simply record a negative fee transaction that you invoice together with your items as a correction for the additional discount that your sales People want to have?
To change the sales type, just modify the value on the header.
I also proposed them to have a separate negative line, but they would like to have the discount displayed on the item line, for their customer to see exact the discount amount.
Why do you actually need the item requirement? Can't you directly create a sales order through the project item tasks button?
Business Applications communities