Skip to main content

Community blogs

Featured

Latest blog posts

LikeLike (0)
MVP Summit 2024

Microsoft MVP Summit is an annual conference in Redmond (USA), where Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) meet to share experience, learn about new features coming to Microsoft products and to give feedback to Microsoft on what works well ...

Martin Dráb 222,978 Super User
LikeLike (0)
OfflineAuthenticationAdminEmail overwritten

My F&O environment asked me to log in every time to when I started debugging. I changed OfflineAuthenticationAdminEmail in DynamicsDevConfig.xml (at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Visual Studio Dynamics 365), but I noticed that the value got overwrit...

LikeLike (0)
Entity collection as OData action parameter

Data entities in F&O can be exposed through OData protocol. You can also add OData actions by creating methods in X++ and decorating them with SysODataCollectionAttribute. You can see an example in MssLeaveRequestDateEntity.getDirects(): [...

LikeLike (0)
Happy New Year 2024

Happy New Year! (To everyone who follows Gregorian calendar :)). Let me look a bit at what I did in 2023 and what I expect in 2024. I keep working for a large end-user company. I do a lot of different things there (X++, Azure Functions, code revie...

LikeLike (0)
Query/QueryRun with temporary tables (AX/F&O)

I noticed that some developers believe that Query* classes can’t be used to query temporary tables. It is possible; it just requires an extra step that isn’t needed with regular tables. When working with temporary tables, each buffer (...

LikeLike (0)
Public preview of the new F&O dev experience

Something that was talked about for a long time is getting closer to reality. F&O development will no longer require those huge VMs with SQL Server and everything. Instead, you’ll just install some VS extensions, connect to Dataverse, do...

LikeLike (0)
Acceptance Test Library

Acceptance Test Library (ATL) in F&O isn’t a new feature, but many people aren’t aware of it, therefore let me try to raise awareness a bit. ATL is used in automated tests written by developers and its purpose is to easily crea...

LikeLike (0)
DynamicsMinds conference speakers

I’ve just checked the list of sessions proposed for DynamicsMinds conference (22–24 May 2023, Slovenia), where I’ll also have a few, and recognized many familiar names. It’ll be great not only to listen their sessions, but also ...