Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (5)
Filter for enum fields in OData service

It took me a while to figure out how to filter AX (Operations) enum fields in the URL for OData service (I was using Get records in Flow). For example, let’s say I wanted to get sales orders with status = open order. After a few failed attem...

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User
LikeLike (3)
Dynamics AX 2012 licensing

Every company must cope with software licenses these days. Good understanding of license programs can bring significant savings; unawareness can comprises needless expenditures or leads up to violating license agreements and relevant consequences....

LikeLike (3)
Extensible control – HTML/JavaScript

The first part of this mini-tutorial showed how to create necessary classes for an extensible control. We have X++ classes for a control showing maps, we’ve added the control to a form and set a few properties. Now we have to add some HTML a...

LikeLike (3)
Replacement groups in AX 2012

AX 2012 introduced a new type of form control called “Replacement group”. It’s very handy, nevertheless quite a few developers still don’t know about it or are not sure how to use it effectively. This post is not going to ...

LikeLike (3)
Catching exceptions in AX 7

In this blog post, I briefly recapitulate how to throw and catch exceptions in X++ and introduce a new way of handling CLR exceptions in AX 7. X++ exceptions When you want to throw an exception in X++, you typically do it by something like this: ...

LikeLike (2)
Email
How to send emails from code in AX 7

There are many situations when you may want to send an e-mail from Dynamics AX. Let’s see what options we have. First of all, you have to configure the environment. Go to System administration > Setup > Email > Email parameters (or ...

LikeLike (2)
File upload and download in AX 7

New Dynamics AX is a web application running in cloud, so how can users work with files in such an environment? The answer is: in the same way as with other web applications. If you know how to add and download attachments in your webmail client, ...

LikeLike (2)
Customer Experience Improvement Program dialog

If you create a script that runs AX client, e.g. to compile CIL, you might find that it gets stuck immediately after starting AX. It’s typically because your build user is asked to join the Customer Experience Improvement Program. One option...

LikeLike (2)
Automated UI testing

This post is based on my replay in Dynamics Community forum, therefore if you read it there, you can safely move on. When I hear “automated testing” in Dynamics AX world, people almost always mean replicating what a human tester does &...

LikeLike (2)
Flow and Logic Apps

I see a lot of confusion regarding Microsoft Flow and Logic Apps, so let me very briefly explain what they are and when you should use them. First of all, you should realize that they’re very closely related. For example, this is the designe...