SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Plugin Trace Log not working on Dynamics CRM 2016 On-Premise

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Marius Solend asked a question on 5 Feb 2016 3:49 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I have set "Enable logging to plug-in trace log" to "All" and I have verified that the setting is updated in the organization entity. The setting is a optionset with a value of 2. My CRM version is (8.0.0.1088) (DB 8.0.0.1088). I have also tried setting the value to "Exception".

However when a plugin executes, exception or not,  nothing is written to the plugin trace log.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Regards.

Marius Solend

Srikanth Alluri responded on 10 Feb 2016 1:05 PM
My Badges

Hi

You able to figure it out ?I'm also running with the same problem, not pretty sure where i'm going wrong.. Any help any one ??

Regards

Srikanth

Srikanth Alluri responded on 10 Feb 2016 2:12 PM
My Badges

UPDATE : I can see trace logs coming if I make my plugin run under Sandbox mode. But as per the documentation it should work for full trust and partial trust both plugins..

Is that a kind of bug in the system ? Any one using it ??

MS - can you please look at it ... ??

Marius Solend responded on 11 Feb 2016 3:57 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Srikant, it's the same for me. When I register the plugin in sandbox, it works.

It has to be a bug.

Don't know any way to work around it other than registering the plugin assembly in sandbox.

Regards.

Marius

Srikanth Alluri responded on 11 Feb 2016 4:01 AM
My Badges

Hi

Was bit worried as there are some scenarios for me where I can not go for sandbox mode :(..

Trying to reach out my known MS contacts.. Let me see if I get any clues.. Thanks for the confirmation any ways..

Regards

Srikanth

JasonMcneil responded on 12 Apr 2016 5:21 PM
My Badges

Hi there, can't offer any resolution, only that I am also experiencing the same issue. My plugins were upgraded from a previous version of CRM, so I'm not sure if it has to do with that. Might try the sandbox, but won't be able to switch all of them.

vsomireddy responded on 20 Oct 2016 6:08 AM

I have same issue plugin tracing, In Sandbox mode it works fine. None mode it does not work.

for some reason i have keep my plugin in None mode only but not able to trace.

majieke responded on 9 Nov 2016 7:10 AM

I found the solution and reason here : community.dynamics.com/.../200016

The sdk dll's in my plugin code (nugget package) did not match my CRM application version and the plugin registration tool version. After a few trail and errors I got the correct match and could trace and profile my plugin in the none mode. In sandbox mode it was also working with the mismatch of sdk dll versions. I've now the same sdk version in the plugin as my CRM installation and for the plugin profiler one version later.

Srikanth Alluri responded on 9 Nov 2016 7:22 AM
My Badges

But, that is about Plugin Profiler, but we are talking about Plugin Trace log entity here..

majieke responded on 10 Nov 2016 4:32 AM

Yes, true, but in combination with the plugin profiler I have now a trace log of my plugin.

In the Plugin Trace log entity there are now records, it are thought plugin profiler records, but with trace information from my plugin. Not perfectly, but I get some plugin trace information.

Frédéric Harper responded on 16 Nov 2016 2:21 PM

Any solution for the plug-in trace log?

D Kings responded on 17 Jan 2017 11:20 AM

Anyone find an answer? Would be nice to get trace logs for my non-sandbox CRM 2016 on-premise plugins...

SpaghettiCode.eu responded on 15 Feb 2017 4:31 AM

I'm facing the same issue and "register plugin in SandBox is a workaround that I can't use due to SandBox limit."

Has anyone found a solution to this bug?

Is Microsoft working on a patch to fix it?

Thanks in advance

DamonF responded on 18 Feb 2017 5:04 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I was having this same problem, so I took some time out to investigate.  I wrote up what I found on my blog here:

http://blog.intocrm.net/plug-in-trace-logs-outside-the-sandbox-2/

The short answer is that it looks as if Microsoft do not intend for us to be able to write trace logs from non-sandboxed plug-ins.

Nonetheless, there seems to be a work-around (using unsupported code unfortunately) which I have described in a separate blog article here:

http://blog.intocrm.net/how-to-write-plug-in-trace-logs-outside-the-sand-box/

Hope you find this useful,

Damon

Jonas Rapp responded on 9 Mar 2017 6:24 AM
My Badges

Vote for Idea to make MS change behaviour :)

https://crmideas.dynamics.com/ideas/dynamics-crm/ID0000942

Marius Solend responded on 11 Feb 2016 3:57 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Srikant, it's the same for me. When I register the plugin in sandbox, it works.

It has to be a bug.

Don't know any way to work around it other than registering the plugin assembly in sandbox.

Regards.

Marius

DamonF responded on 18 Feb 2017 5:04 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I was having this same problem, so I took some time out to investigate.  I wrote up what I found on my blog here:

http://blog.intocrm.net/plug-in-trace-logs-outside-the-sandbox-2/

The short answer is that it looks as if Microsoft do not intend for us to be able to write trace logs from non-sandboxed plug-ins.

Nonetheless, there seems to be a work-around (using unsupported code unfortunately) which I have described in a separate blog article here:

http://blog.intocrm.net/how-to-write-plug-in-trace-logs-outside-the-sand-box/

Hope you find this useful,

Damon

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS