SBX - Forum Post Title

Configure 2 portals with Dynamics 365

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Dev Dex asked a question on 19 Apr 2017 2:01 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi Guys,

I have 1 instance of Dynamics 365 and i want configure more than one portal to the same instance of dynamics CRM for example 2 portals on different domains (1st domain hotelsmgtm.microsoftportals.com and 2nd portal schoolmgmt.microsoftportals.com).

is this possible to that or 1 Dynamics CRM can have only one instance of Portal?

Please help me.

thanks

Colin Vermander responded on 20 Apr 2017 7:04 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi, yes as long as they are 2 different types, like 1 portal community and 1 portal partner.  There is currently no support for installing the same portal multiple times on the same instance.  Once you have the 2nd type you can copy/re-create components from one to another and remove other components so they have the same functionality.

Dev Dex responded on 20 Apr 2017 7:25 PM
My Badges

Hi Colin,

thank you very much for the answer, yeah it make sense however i can only see only one portal adon option here, how can i configure 2nd portal? can you pleas elaborate with steps.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Colin Vermander responded on 20 Apr 2017 8:26 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Plan 1 comes with 1 portal addon free, you need to purchase an additional portal addon through the Office 365 admin center.  Go to Billing > Purchase Services and look for "Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition - Additional Portal".  Once you have purchased the new addon it will show up as another addon in applications.

Dev Dex responded on 20 Apr 2017 8:43 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Colin,

you have been a great help for me, i really appreciate you answer. 

just two quick pleas mate

which one is the actual portal add on from these

and also currently someone has incorrectly setup a portal ad on, how can i reset or clear that existing ad on and setup again.

many thanks

Colin Vermander responded on 20 Apr 2017 10:18 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

the $500 one... :( sorry to be the bad news guy.  The other one is for additional page views.  Each portal addon comes with 1 million page views per month.

For resetting the portal I would advise opening a support request so that Microsoft can put your addon in a state that will allow you to resubmit the provisioning.  I am not aware of a supported way of resetting the portal yourself right now.

Bruce Buxton - North52 responded on 6 Nov 2017 11:08 AM
My Badges

Hi Colin,

"Once you have the 2nd type you can copy/re-create components from one to another and remove other components so they have the same functionality"

Does this mean if I have the Partner Portal installed, and I would like a component from say the Community Portal (e.g. Ideas functionality), I can also install the Community Portal on the same instance and move components to the the Partner Portal website? If not is there another way of achieving this?

Thanks,
Bruce

Colin Vermander responded on 6 Nov 2017 11:16 AM
My Badges

Hi Bruce, yes you can after installing the other site re-parent the features to the site you want.  You will just ensure you move over all the required data for that particular feature.

Bruce Buxton - North52 responded on 6 Nov 2017 11:22 AM
My Badges

That's great! Thanks Colin - I really appreciate the very swift response :-)

Jason McNeil responded on 6 Nov 2017 8:17 PM
My Badges

Thinking of re-working the North52 site to 365 Portals Bruce? :)

Not that it needs it, I love your guys' knowledge base

Bruce Buxton - North52 responded on 7 Nov 2017 2:54 AM
My Badges

Hi Jason, yes we are looking at bringing the knowledge base into our customer/partner portal. Don't worry the content will be the same! Actually even better as the Dynamics Portals will give us more functionality than UserVoice for better categorization and relating articles, promoting new features and functions...watch this space! :-)

Bruce Buxton - North52 responded on 23 Jan 2018 3:36 AM
My Badges

Hi Colin,

I have done this with the partner portal installed and functioning, then installed the community portal and re-parented all the Ideas components I could find across to the existing site. The Ideas page loads but, it does not show any of the Ideas forums or the individual ideas (all have been re-parented).  Can you offer any advice on where to look to understand why these are not showing?

Thanks,

Bruce

Colin Vermander responded on 20 Apr 2017 8:26 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Plan 1 comes with 1 portal addon free, you need to purchase an additional portal addon through the Office 365 admin center.  Go to Billing > Purchase Services and look for "Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition - Additional Portal".  Once you have purchased the new addon it will show up as another addon in applications.

Dev Dex responded on 20 Apr 2017 8:43 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Colin,

you have been a great help for me, i really appreciate you answer. 

just two quick pleas mate

which one is the actual portal add on from these

and also currently someone has incorrectly setup a portal ad on, how can i reset or clear that existing ad on and setup again.

many thanks

Colin Vermander responded on 20 Apr 2017 10:18 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

the $500 one... :( sorry to be the bad news guy.  The other one is for additional page views.  Each portal addon comes with 1 million page views per month.

For resetting the portal I would advise opening a support request so that Microsoft can put your addon in a state that will allow you to resubmit the provisioning.  I am not aware of a supported way of resetting the portal yourself right now.

Colin Vermander responded on 20 Apr 2017 7:04 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi, yes as long as they are 2 different types, like 1 portal community and 1 portal partner.  There is currently no support for installing the same portal multiple times on the same instance.  Once you have the 2nd type you can copy/re-create components from one to another and remove other components so they have the same functionality.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS