Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 2 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I have set "Enable logging to plug-in trace log" to "All" and I have verified that the setting is updated in the organization entity. The setting is a optionset with a value of 2. My CRM version is (184.108.40.2068) (DB 220.127.116.118). I have also tried setting the value to "Exception".
However when a plugin executes, exception or not, nothing is written to the plugin trace log.
Has anyone experienced the same?
You able to figure it out ?I'm also running with the same problem, not pretty sure where i'm going wrong.. Any help any one ??
UPDATE : I can see trace logs coming if I make my plugin run under Sandbox mode. But as per the documentation it should work for full trust and partial trust both plugins..
Is that a kind of bug in the system ? Any one using it ??
MS - can you please look at it ... ??
Srikant, it's the same for me. When I register the plugin in sandbox, it works.
It has to be a bug.
Don't know any way to work around it other than registering the plugin assembly in sandbox.
Was bit worried as there are some scenarios for me where I can not go for sandbox mode :(..
Trying to reach out my known MS contacts.. Let me see if I get any clues.. Thanks for the confirmation any ways..
Hi there, can't offer any resolution, only that I am also experiencing the same issue. My plugins were upgraded from a previous version of CRM, so I'm not sure if it has to do with that. Might try the sandbox, but won't be able to switch all of them.
I have same issue plugin tracing, In Sandbox mode it works fine. None mode it does not work.
for some reason i have keep my plugin in None mode only but not able to trace.
I found the solution and reason here : community.dynamics.com/.../200016
The sdk dll's in my plugin code (nugget package) did not match my CRM application version and the plugin registration tool version. After a few trail and errors I got the correct match and could trace and profile my plugin in the none mode. In sandbox mode it was also working with the mismatch of sdk dll versions. I've now the same sdk version in the plugin as my CRM installation and for the plugin profiler one version later.
But, that is about Plugin Profiler, but we are talking about Plugin Trace log entity here..
Yes, true, but in combination with the plugin profiler I have now a trace log of my plugin.
In the Plugin Trace log entity there are now records, it are thought plugin profiler records, but with trace information from my plugin. Not perfectly, but I get some plugin trace information.
Any solution for the plug-in trace log?
Anyone find an answer? Would be nice to get trace logs for my non-sandbox CRM 2016 on-premise plugins...
I'm facing the same issue and "register plugin in SandBox is a workaround that I can't use due to SandBox limit."
Has anyone found a solution to this bug?
Is Microsoft working on a patch to fix it?
Thanks in advance
I was having this same problem, so I took some time out to investigate. I wrote up what I found on my blog here:
The short answer is that it looks as if Microsoft do not intend for us to be able to write trace logs from non-sandboxed plug-ins.
Nonetheless, there seems to be a work-around (using unsupported code unfortunately) which I have described in a separate blog article here:
Hope you find this useful,
Vote for Idea to make MS change behaviour :)
Hope there is no fix provided from MS on this yet. Even we are facing same issue in our 2016 on premise CRM environment.
Plug in error not getting recorded at all, even after we enabled Log all Errors under "System Settings".
Business Applications communities