Check out the latest features available in Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement, including LinkedIn Connect, Voice of the Customer and Universal Resource Scheduling.
Dynamics 365 2019 release wave 2 plan Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365.Release Plan | Weekly Deployment Notes
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants.Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements.
ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks
We have ms crm 2015 on premise (intranet hosted) and Adxstudio portal exposed external user with 7.0.0021 version.
Our requirement is want to open the portal page from the CRM form where the internal user will not be registered to portal.
This portal page is for internal user evaluation/ checking how this portal page will be visible to external user.
we are having the below design:
1. Create the web page and configure based on our requirement in the adxstudio portal with out any web page access control rules and with disable entity permissions.
2. Open the web page from portal and capture the url and place it in the config record
3. When the button click from Crm record, we will retrieve the url and show and open the link in new window.
4. We are storing the record in IMS config record, the guid s of web from steps in the url might change based on environments.
Can you please confirm the below?
1. this approach will works or not?
2. Any other better solution?
3. any changes required for the above design?
I hope, I understood your requirement correctly. You want to open a Portal webpage from CRM Form anonymously.
So let's go through with your steps only, how you are proceeding:
1. Create the web page and configure based on our requirement in the Adxstudio portal without any web page access control rules and with disabling entity permissions. - This is absolutely right.
2. Open the web page from the portal and capture the URL and place it in the config record - No problem with this approach too. but instead of storing it in a separate config entity, you can also get the Portal URL either from Website Entity record or Website Binding record directly (using WEB API).
Then append the webpage information with this URL in your code like: <portalurl>+"/my-webpage/?id="56118ec5-5a58-488c-9c86-a46e7ae947c5"
It's up to you whether you want to place the webpage Guid in config entity or not. You can put the Guid of the webpage directly in your code also, It's a one-time activity It will not be changed in future for any of your CRM environment if you are migrating your portal configuration using "Configuration Migration Tool" or using Data Export/Import wizard.
3. When the button click from Crm record, we will retrieve the url and show and open the link in new window. - See step 2 answer
4. We are storing the record in IMS config record, the guid s of the web from steps in the url might change based on environments. See step 2 answer
If found useful, please mark the answer as verified.
Business Applications communities