Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
We upgraded a CRM system from 4 to 2011 ru18 - however we have subsequently noticed the database grow...
Investigating the issue I can see in system jobs a workflow is running over and over again on the same record - in fact 100's of times a minute. Looking at the workflow it operates on the total amount field changing on a quote and updates the project opportunity entity potential value field.
So far I have:
* Transferred the workflow to myself, then deactivated it. The workflow is still running.
* Changed the workflow to be an on-demand workflow, activated it. The workflow is still running.
* All the workflows seem to be running against the same record, so I tried deleting the record. The workflow is still running.
* Gone through the system jobs and tried cancelling them but theres 100's of records and it doesn't do anything.
Any ideas as I'm at a loss as to how to stop these records.
Hi Matt, deactivating the workflow does not cancel already instantiated instances.
If you deactivate the workflow and cancel all instances manually afterwards, you should be fine.
I've tried deactivating it and then cancelling all of the instances but it looks like they are just re-spawning. They also re-spawn in the original owners name even though I've moved it across to my name in order to deactivate the workflow, thus I never get to the stage of them all cancelled.
Try stopping the CrmAsyncService on your server before deleting the system jobs.
The CrmAsyncService handles workflows and other stuff, see www.powerobjects.com/.../crm-asynchronous-service-performance-code-mania for more info
Try to restart IIS app pool,CRM async service , application server and DB server.
Had to do the following:
* Deactivate the Asynch services
* Disable the workflow that was causing the issue
* Run the SQL asynch clean up script (took a long time as over 26 million records)
* Shrink and re-index the database
All seems to be working as it should be.
Thanks for everyones help.
Business Applications communities