Check out the latest features available in Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement, including LinkedIn Connect, Voice of the Customer and Universal Resource Scheduling.
Dynamics 365 2019 release wave 2 plan Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365.Release Plan | Weekly Deployment Notes
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants.Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements.
ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks
My client has made some changes to the contact record using outlook. When I go to the contact record I can see in the audit history that owner field has changed multiple times but the old and new values are same.
These changes are seen after every 5 min in the audit log. I would like to mention that I have a plugin enabled on the update of contact record which will be triggered by only one field. But the field which will trigger the plugin has not been changed.
Thanks in advance.
Please check if you are merging postimage and entity from context to get some values or for doing some manipulations. I had faced this issue when I tried merging postimage which had all the attributes and context entity which had only filtered attributes. This audit log issue is due to multiple triggering of the field. Also, check if there is any workflow being triggered on these fields or changing these fields data.
How can I check if merging postimage?
Thanks Kalpvruksh. I have found the cause. One of the workflows is updating the owner and it continuously running for the record.
If we have helped you to resolve the issue, please mark the answer as verified.
I have deactivated the workflow but the issue was not resolved. Still multiple update audit logs are being created with same old and new values.
The record is created using outlook and the "Account" field on contact record is getting updated with the same value after every 5 minutes.
There is no workflow or plugin which is updating the account field. Please suggest.
We tried merging postimage and entity of context using plugin which enabled the plugin to fire on all the fields. Also, check filtering attributes of update plugins if any.
Business Applications communities