Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am doing something not standard, but I have to do.I am gonna update CRM365 database from previous backup; with a query.I had created two custom entity.
One named service.Another named service name.Service name is look up in service entity; so it has 1:N relationship with service entity.The relation was referential.Unfortunately a client had delete access and has deleted the two record of Service name entity.
Likewise Service name look up field of every records of Service that had those two deleted records are null now !Now when write update query between two databases and two tables it return me :
The UPDATE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "reltion_name". The conflict occurred in database "x", table "service_nameBase", column 'service_namesId'.
How can I solve this problem?I changed relation between them from referential to configurable cascading and set all configuration to cascade all.But no success.I know that this job is not recommended, But as I said I have to.These two entities are both custom and non-system entity.Any help will appreciate.
Hope this finds you well. As you have said that running an update , being part of the community we all know that it is unsupported, but if you have to adopt a suggestion, there is one which cross my mind now. If we disable Foreign key constraint on the table and then update the records and then re-enable it, may work in this case. How to diable the foreign key from SQL Management studio object explorer, I found an article as below :-
In Object Explorer, expand the table with the constraint and then expand the Keys folder.
Right-click the constraint and select Modify.
In the grid under Table Designer, click Enforce Foreign Key Constraint and select No from the drop-down menu.
Kindly note this is unsupported change what we are doing and we are not sure what complications it can cause.
Hope this helps.
Please mark as verified if the answer is helpful. Welcome to join hot discussions in Dynamics 365 Forums.
That worked for me in test environment!
But something horrible happened in real environment .
Check the next thread !
Can you please paste the thread link in this post and mark my post verified if it helped you
Business Applications communities