Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I am having issues with the email router which may involve a complete reinstall.
I am considering going with server side synchronization instead. If I do that, can I specify it only for outgoing emails, and leave the other configuration in place (Outlook for incoming emails, Outlook for tasks, etc.)?
Would I still specify "process emails using Server Side Synchronization."?
I am new to this so I am not sure if there would be a conflict having both protocols in place.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for reaching out to Dynamics forum.
Yes you can specify the outgoing as Server Side synchronization only for outgoing emails and keep incoming and Appointment contacts and task to Dynamics for outlook.
For this you will have to setup Server Side Synchronization in your organization ( I assume Dynamics onprem and Exchange onprem) as mentioned here : docs.microsoft.com/.../mt622062(v=crm.8)
Remember to update the email processing method in Dynamics to Server Side Synchronization.
Awesome, thank you Arshad!
Hope you are doing good.
1) If you start using Server side sync (SSS), then 'process email' must be SSS in the system settings
2) You can keep two different methods in your mailbox record - Outgoing to SSS and incoming/ACT to Outlook
3) Your outgoing emails will be processed using SSS method and your incoming mails and ACT will be processed using Outlook method
4) With Outlook method, All incoming emails and ACT in your Outlook will be tracked manually with the Dynamics for Outlook full client plugin (Outlook method)
5) If you have SSS method for incoming/ACT, your incoming emails or ACT can be tracked automatically but with Outlook method, it has to be tracked manually
6) There is also a checkbox available on your Dynamics for Outlook full client plugin settings to track incoming emails automatically but it depends on different version of Dynamics CRM
7) You can also select SSS method for incoming/ACT and can use Dynamics for Outlook full client plugin with SSS
Hope this helps,
Business Applications communities