Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am having issues with the email router which may involve a complete reinstall.
I am considering going with server side synchronization instead. If I do that, can I specify it only for outgoing emails, and leave the other configuration in place (Outlook for incoming emails, Outlook for tasks, etc.)?
Would I still specify "process emails using Server Side Synchronization."?
I am new to this so I am not sure if there would be a conflict having both protocols in place.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for reaching out to Dynamics forum.
Yes you can specify the outgoing as Server Side synchronization only for outgoing emails and keep incoming and Appointment contacts and task to Dynamics for outlook.
For this you will have to setup Server Side Synchronization in your organization ( I assume Dynamics onprem and Exchange onprem) as mentioned here : docs.microsoft.com/.../mt622062(v=crm.8)
Remember to update the email processing method in Dynamics to Server Side Synchronization.
Awesome, thank you Arshad!
Hope you are doing good.
1) If you start using Server side sync (SSS), then 'process email' must be SSS in the system settings
2) You can keep two different methods in your mailbox record - Outgoing to SSS and incoming/ACT to Outlook
3) Your outgoing emails will be processed using SSS method and your incoming mails and ACT will be processed using Outlook method
4) With Outlook method, All incoming emails and ACT in your Outlook will be tracked manually with the Dynamics for Outlook full client plugin (Outlook method)
5) If you have SSS method for incoming/ACT, your incoming emails or ACT can be tracked automatically but with Outlook method, it has to be tracked manually
6) There is also a checkbox available on your Dynamics for Outlook full client plugin settings to track incoming emails automatically but it depends on different version of Dynamics CRM
7) You can also select SSS method for incoming/ACT and can use Dynamics for Outlook full client plugin with SSS
Hope this helps,
Business Applications communities