Skip to main content

Notifications

Customer Service forum
Answered

Macro error trying to set regardingobjectid via action "update existing record"

Posted on by 8
Hi Community

I'm currently implementing an agent script + macros for the scenario "anchor = account, create phonecall, create case, link phonecall to case".

Everything is fine but linking the phonecall to the newly created case.

I'm using the action "update existing record" for updating the case.
Updating the case description without the regardingobject is fine and works.
Only updating the regardingobject still produces an error.

The screenshot shows the way I try to set the regardingobject field. In this case a changed it to account which is my "anchor". However, neither account nor incident works.

I also tried this approach: 

Didn't work either.

Do you have an idea?

Thx in advance
Steffen
Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

The reason it doesn't work with hardcoding is probably due to the specificity of this /regardingobjectid/ field.
    I found a related post, which cmoreno8 talks about how to find /incidentid/.
    You can make a reference to it, I see that the problem seems to have been solved in this link, I hope that helps.

Best regards,
    Cui Hao

• JW-16061330-0 Profile Picture
    JW-16061330-0 8 on at
    Hi Cui Hao

Id did some more tests with hardcoded IDs so incidentid resp. phonecallid do not play a role. But I still get an error.
    Somehow it seems there is an issue updating the regarding field in the phonecall via the "update existing record" action...
    As you can see I already use the regardingobjectidtype to specifiy the entitytype "incident".

Additonally: just updating the phonecall description field works. Same hardcoded phonecall ID.

BR
    Steffen
  • Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

My guess is that maybe it's because of your /regardingobjectid/ field, which is a lookup field that corresponds to more than one entity, and you need to point it to some entity.

If it's convenient, could you please tell me a few questions?
    1./Set session context: incidentid/  What are the details of this process and can you provide a screenshot?
    2.Could you please tell me a little bit about your /phonecallid/ is it in the first macro and then passed through what method, could you elaborate?
    You can answer my question in more detail and I'll run a test to see if my guess is correct.

Best regards,
    Cui Hao
  • JW-16061330-0 Profile Picture
    JW-16061330-0 8 on at
    Hi Cui Hao

In the agent script I have different steps/ macros.

These are the steps of the second macro.
    Trying to update the phonecall description works. So the phonecall GUID is ok. It only fails when updating the regarding field...

BR
    Steffen
  • Cui Hao Profile Picture
    Cui Hao on at
    Hi,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the complete steps?
    Could I ask if you created a separate macro for all the steps, or did you put all the steps in a macro?
    I tried some operations, but did not get this /PhonecallId/, may I ask how you get this /PhonecallId/?

Best regards,
    Cui Hao

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,753 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,302 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans