Notifications

Customer Service forum
Suggested answer

Power automate for checking Agent availability

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 2
Hi,

Currently we have a power automate that checks the opening hours of the customer service, for redirecting the customers to live agents.
We want to expand this flow with it checking if the live agents status are available or not, and based on that triggering another flow.

When our employees are locking the PC, their status is going to /away/, so when there is nobody to pick up the chats, it will trigger a flow for other contact options.

So: chat > escalating > check opening hours > check agent availability > trigger flow

Is this possible with power automate, is the status data available in dataverse?

Thanks!

Regards Theun

• JasR Profile Picture
    JasR on at
    Hi

Not really an answer but a question on how you created power automate that checks the opening hours of the customer service? I'm trying to do the same but struggling.

I know I can do something like this

https://XXXX.XXXX.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.2/calendars(dcb1230a-2ef4-ea11-a815-000d3ab55801)/Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.ExpandCalendar(Start=@d1,End=@d2)?@d1=2024-05-01&@d2=2024-05-10

but aren't sure how to understand the values / implement it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Suggested answer
    PerezAguiar Profile Picture
    PerezAguiar on at
    Hey

Which "presence" you want to use? The one on Customer Service or the one on MS Teams?  If it's the one on teams, as indicated below, this goes with Graph API, and you can use powerautomate to get this status.  However, MS Teams Presence is NOT the same as Omnichannel Presence.  Omnichannel presence has different values, different status, and rules.  

ON https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-service/use/oc-manage-presence-status#how-presence-status-is-updated you have some relevant information.  Specifically, the automated presence calculations that include logging out, being away, locking, etc.  So instead of configuring a powerAutomate, you might have:   When the Chat receives the "Escalate" request, redirect to a particular workstream, the Queue on the Workstream should have "business hours" calendar, and the queue members should correctly set their presence when they start their work. 

Regards,
    I hope this answer has helped you solve your problem. If you are satisfied with it, please consider marking it as the excellent answer by clicking on the green check mark below. This will help other users who have similar questions find the best solution.
     Thank you for your feedback!

• Suggested answer
    Expiscornovus Profile Picture
    Expiscornovus 55 on at
    My suggestion would be to look into the getPresencesByUserId method of the Graph API:

This method supports up to checking the presence of a maximum of 650 user IDs in one API request. You can use this request in for example a HTTP action.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans