This question is quite common when small to mid-size businesses begin researching new accounting solutions.    In a way, the simple answer is, yes, it is cheaper and Debits and Credits haven’t really changed much since the beginning of time!  But what has changed is the business around accounting.   Having information available to your management team which aids them in their decision making is critical.  Even more, providing management direct access to information is more valuable.  It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t work with Microsoft Word or Excel (Integrations with GP).   Why not leverage those skills and have people using the information which accounting departments have been gathering for years to analyze, strategize, maximize….okay you get my point.  If you are considering looking at new accounting solutions, or just want to see what’s out there, I suggest you download the Free Financial Software Evaluation Guide to aide you in your discovery.  Check back again for my Why Not blog series.

By:  Karen Riordan, SSi Consulting, Mid Atlantic Dynamics Partner

Related Posts

1. 35 Features Microsoft Dynamics GP Has that Quickbooks Forgot
  2. 13 Reasons to say “Good-bye” to Quickbooks and “Hello” to Dynamics GP
  3. 6 Signs You’ve Outgrown QuickBooks and How Microsoft Dynamics GP Can Help