Clearing Standard Cost Pending Changes

Question Status

Verified
duffy asked a question on 15 Aug 2014 8:38 PM

Running 2013 SP2 with Manufacturing.  In process of setting up to use Standard Costing updating after it not being maintained in 4 years.

Issue is we have thousands of pending changes in table ICIV0323 that need to be cleared out. Additionally many have an Override set. I understand the interaction with CT00003 and the 3 windows controlling entries of pending, proposed, and override updates.

Not sure of proper fields to clear in ICIV0323 and what is the relationship between the various effective dates and the current cost effective date field "_1".

Secondly I would like to confirm that the history table CT00200 just receives data during roll/revalue and does not control any action on ICIV0323.

Thank you in advance.

Randy

Verified Answer
Harry Lee responded on 17 Sep 2014 1:50 AM

You should not use SQL to clear values in the CT00003 or ICIV0323 tables.   You can make these changes, using the Standard Cost Changes window. Since you have numerous updates to do, you may want to check out my blog post on Macros.

http://redbeardblogging.blogspot.com/2014/09/how-to-create-and-run-simple-macro-in.html

CT00200 receives data during the roll/revalue process when you click change cost, and not until.  Here is a link to a KB explaining the function

support.microsoft.com/.../883471

duffy responded on 20 Sep 2014 1:02 PM

Thank you again on this one.

Verified Answer
Harry Lee responded on 17 Sep 2014 1:50 AM

You should not use SQL to clear values in the CT00003 or ICIV0323 tables.   You can make these changes, using the Standard Cost Changes window. Since you have numerous updates to do, you may want to check out my blog post on Macros.

http://redbeardblogging.blogspot.com/2014/09/how-to-create-and-run-simple-macro-in.html

CT00200 receives data during the roll/revalue process when you click change cost, and not until.  Here is a link to a KB explaining the function

support.microsoft.com/.../883471