Moving Open Bank Transactions to New Company (leaving GL history behind)

Question Status

Verified
Nicole Apolo asked a question on 19 May 2017 11:06 AM

Hello,

Looking for best practice to Move all Open Bank Transactions (not-reconciled), to a new company.

I found table CM00002, where i can isolate the outstanding transactions. I tried to insert one of them into the new company, but couldn't view it on the front end.

Looking for guidance to moving all outstanding transactions over to the new company. Keeping the separate banks (id's may be a bit different), and the GL history should not come with.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Verified Answer
MaxB responded on 19 May 2017 12:44 PM

Moving the records directly from tables may not be easy. The safe way would be to export data to excel and then import to the new company using Integration Manager (IM). As I know the IM automatically posts the Bank transactions while importing, so need to backup new company before importing. You may also need to block posting to GL to avoid GL Posting.

Nicole Apolo responded on 19 May 2017 5:04 PM

Thank you. Yes, IM doesn't have the Bank Deposit Mapping.  I will use Bank Transaction and interrupt the GL posting.

This may work out better, so that voiding a check, the GL does back out.

Thank you!

Verified Answer
MaxB responded on 19 May 2017 12:44 PM

Moving the records directly from tables may not be easy. The safe way would be to export data to excel and then import to the new company using Integration Manager (IM). As I know the IM automatically posts the Bank transactions while importing, so need to backup new company before importing. You may also need to block posting to GL to avoid GL Posting.