Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
I am installing Web Services and Web Apps for the first time on an existing Dynamics SL 2015 CU1 system.
I downloaded the Latest Web Apps (HSLWebApps2015_021017MD) and followed the Deployment guide.
I only ran into one issue. On the Web Apps verification screen it failed on the following:
"Are the Microsoft Dynamics SL Web Services of the correct version?"
I was confused by this due to the fact that this is a first time clean install of Web Services / Web Apps and both were installed from the same installation media.
I decided to ignore the error and continue on with the deployment guide. I ran the scripts against the system and app SL databases with no error.
At the web apps login screen I can choose the company but with logging in I get the following:
"The database you are trying to log into does not support Web Apps"
Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure if my error at the login screen has anything to do with the failed item from the install verification at this point. I have checked within Dynamics SL and Web Apps module is activated and my user account has been linked to an employee record in Employee and Resource Maintenance.
Thank you very much,
There should be a log file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Dynamics SL. Do they say anything when you try to login?
I would try running the scripts for APP and SYS once more. I've seen the error stating Web Services isn't the correct version too, but it usually doesn't keep Web Apps from working.
I'm experiencing exactly what you were - the web services version issue and the same error on log on to Web Apps. Did you ever get it resolved? I'm getting nowhere on this.
We had a similar issue and tried a number of things - I cant remember which one actually fixed the issue. I presume you have run the 2 supplied sql updates.
Here are a couple of things we did to along the way.
Ensure you run the web apps install as administrator.
Ran these on the System Database
GRANT EXECUTE ON WebServiceAccess_FindSession TO [E8F575915A2E4897A517779C0DD7CE];GRANT CONTROL ON WebServiceAccess_FindSession TO [MSDSL];GRANT EXECUTE ON WebServiceAccess_FindSession TO [TrustedWebService];
The message about the version of Web Services has been confirmed as a bug and can be ignored. The fix for me was to configure the Distributed Transaction Coordinator since my Web Services and Web Apps are running on a separate server from the SL database. Once that was configured I could log on.
After that, I ran into another issue where I couldn't access any of the Project Web Apps even thought I correctly had a Project Employee setup and linked to the correct SL User ID. I was still receiving the error 10272 - SL User ID should be associated with one Employee. Not sure how I figured this out, but the issue was the fact that there was no TMSETUP record in my database. Even though T&E isn't used in this database, it's either a bug or a requirement that a TMSETUP record must be present. Perhaps an unusual circumstance but definitely a challenging one to solve.
Thanks for your reply.
I'm running into the "database you are trying to log into does not support Web Apps" error on a new installation of SL2015CU2 WebApps. In reviewing the WebClient log, I see this:
10/10/2018 8:55 AM Login FaultException A server error occurred. Please see your web administrator for assistance. If logging is enabled, then this error has been recorded. (Client: ::1)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.SL.Mobile.CommonModel.LookupsAdapter.ExecuteLookup(String lookupName, LookupParameters lookupParameters, Guid session)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.SL.Mobile.HomeController.Index(LoginModel model, String returnUrl)
Client is running Symantec EndPoint to control the firewall, and assures me that DTC is allowed on both WebApps/WebServices and SQL Servers.
Anyone have an idea about the error log message?
Usually when I see that error, I rerun the scripts that came with the hotfix you're installing.
Thx, but I have done that multiple times, not sure what else I could be missing.... FYI, I am installing the latest HF bundle 092818MD
The resolution to my version of the problem is below; it had to do with the web server being cloned from a Virtual image. Link where I found the resolution is here:
Option # 2 in the suggested answer was the resolution.
The servers are created as an image of preconfigured server (for example, if you are working with virtual machines, and instead of doing a fresh install for each of the servers, you simply clone the image). This is a problem because DTC has an internal "Identifier" - and in case of image cloning both your installations now have same DTC ID, and won't be able to communicate with each other. The solution is to simply uninstall and install the DTC again.
Business Applications communities