Check out the latest Customer Service updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Customer Service and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Customer Service video
2020 release wave 1 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
The inline image editing that was supposed to be included in the Dynamics 2019 Wave 2 release does not work for us.
In the Knowledge Article section of the Customer Service Hub I have tried to copy paste from snippets, screenshots, google images or saved images in my file explorer. Nothing works, with one strange exception: copy-pasting an image from an Outlook email. However, this does not solve the problem because when I save the knowledge article after pasting the image, the image disappears (and I see this gray-and-white image instead:)
The inline image editing feature would really save us a lot of time! Has anyone experienced the same problem and have you found a solution to this?
Knowledge Articles only support fetching images based on the URL, which means that we cannot insert local images into Knowledge Articles, we can only insert images from web resources.
Click the Image button of the Knowledge Articles editor, we can see the information needed for the image.
According the explanation at command no. 21 in the microsoft documentation this should be possible:
It can be confirmed that the function of inserting local images in knowledge articles has not been implemented in the current version.
But according to Microsoft documentation, this feature will definitely be available in the future versions.
To resolve the Knowledge management inline image enhancement feature please follow the below steps
1) Install the Customer Service Hub Anchor solution in the affected instance
2) Navigate to Customer Service Hub App
3) Click on Service Management
4) Under Knowledge Base Management click on Embedded knowledge Search
5) In Embedded Knowledge Search navigate to Knowledge Article Inline Images and Enable users to use Inline Image feature to Yes. Click on Yes
Some additional details below:
1. Opening the image, right clicking on copy and then pasting in the knowledge article - No issue
a. IE Edge (Chromium) - Working
b. IE 11 - Working
c. Chrome - Working
2. Right clicking the image from File Explorer (without opening the image) and then pasting in the knowledge article - The copy and paste feature will only work when you open the image and select copy as we did in step 1.
a. IE Edge (Chromium) - NOT working.
b. IE 11 - NOT working.
c. Chrome - NOT working.
3. Dragging and dropping the image onto the Knowledge Article - This feature is not supported in IE11 or any older versions. Only on Edge.
c. Chrome - - Working
Business Applications communities