SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Ordering/Sorting of SO Invoice Lines

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

James Solomon asked a question on 13 Sep 2018 7:16 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Is it possible to control the ordering/sorting of the invoice lines on a Sales Order invoice?

Verified Answer

Hi James,

Each sales order line has a line number which determines the order. You can create lines at the end of in between to manage the order on the SO form. If you need a special order, you can change the data provider and/or temporary table to meet the ordering requirements.

James Solomon responded on 13 Sep 2018 11:02 PM
My Badges

Thanks Andre

So there is nothing within D365 that can aid in the ordering?

Hello James,

Do you refer to the invoice document that is printed?

What is your sort criteria? (Name of product/category, etc.)

Best regards,

Ludwig

James Solomon responded on 14 Sep 2018 5:41 AM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig

Is there a way i can edit the sort criteria?

Verified Answer

Hello James,

In the project module there is a specific functionality that allows you designing this.

For sales order that are not related to a project you need a customization if you don't like the standard way how things are sorted/printed.

Best regards,

Ludwig

James Solomon responded on 14 Sep 2018 8:56 AM
My Badges

Thanks Ludwig

sri17 responded on 16 Sep 2018 2:46 AM

Ludwig Reinhard
In the project module there is a specific functionality that allows you designing this.

Can you highlight the path of that functionality ?

Suggested Answer

Hello sri17,

Please create an invoice proposal and then select print button. You will find the format invoice proposal functionality there that allows you modifying your invoice document.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Verified Answer

Hi James,

Each sales order line has a line number which determines the order. You can create lines at the end of in between to manage the order on the SO form. If you need a special order, you can change the data provider and/or temporary table to meet the ordering requirements.

Verified Answer

Hello James,

For sales order that are not related to a project you need a customization if you don't like the standard way how things are sorted/printed.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello sri17,

Please create an invoice proposal and then select print button. You will find the format invoice proposal functionality there that allows you modifying your invoice document.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS