Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 2Check out the latest updates and new features of Dynamics 365 released from October 2022 through March 2023
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I've Installed a development instance of the CRM with the same IFD settings as the production instance. The problem is that when I'm trying to connect to the local development instance, I have to use the same URL that the production instance uses, so the browser leads me to the production CRM instead of the development one. Sometimes I manage to end up on the development instance using the same URL, but a lot of times I can't.
I've set up the internet adapter to not have internet access (only uses the local DC DNS), cleared browser cache, cookies, history, and SSL state, yet the browser still goes to the production instance over the internet.
The main reason why the development instance has the same IFD config as the production one is because I'm planning on promoting the development instance (which is hosted in AWS) to production once I'm done configuring and testing everything. So I don't want to be changing the IFD settings later. Plus, I believe there are other dependencies that I need to test that rely on the URL being the same as the production one.
What are your suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
Check DNS fo the ADFS.xxxxx.com. Usually with IFD there are 2 DNS settings. 1 for the URL production and one when it asks for the ADFS authentication.
Check the production DNS and make sure both entries are in your host file. Also, if ADFS is installed on one another machine, that host file might need to be adjusted as well.
The development stack, which consists of a domain controller server, a database server, and the CRM server, does have adfs and the other CRM links pointing to the correct addresses within the dev stack. As per your suggestion, I added the CRM links (crm, sts1, and auth) to the hosts file, but it didn't seem to change anything. I then flushed the DNS, and the following error started to appear: "Uncaught SoapFault exception: [Sender] MSIS7069: The specified request failed." when I try to connect my custom website to the CRM. I also can't login directly into the CRM using those links.
I believe the problem comes form the secondary DNS, which is Google's 220.127.116.11, so that the CRM server has internet access. That secondary DNS server goes and finds the CRM IP for the production stack. I'm not sure if there's a way to enforce a certain order to the DNS resolution, besides the preferred vs alternate DNS server in the network adapter settings.
Ok, I think the hosts thing did actually help. I am able to connect to the local/development stack CRM. However, my domain controller DNS stopped resolving the server names on the domain network in the stack. So I can't connect to the database server.
EDIT: This seems to have gotten resolved after a second dns flush.
Put your database DNS entry in host file as well. Unfortunately since you are using the same URL as production, all your DNS entries will need to be in the local host until you are ready to make it production
I was under the impression that the local domain controller with DNS server would have taken care of that, since its DNS settings are configured the same way as the hosts file now is.
It should of but something is redirecting so since I am not on the network to troubleshoot I am giving you the quick fix.
Business Applications communities