SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

SmartList export to Excel Run Application Error "[filepath]" returned 29

Microsoft Dynamics GP Forum

ValerieH asked a question on 17 Feb 2017 5:42 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

A user is getting the following error (see screen shot below) when trying to export SmartList to Excel.  She's never had this issue in the past with this SmartList or others.  The issue seems to happen for all SmartLists for this user.  Other user's do not have this issue, but other user's have a local installation.  This user access Dynamics GP via Remote Desktop Server.

We have tried breaking the SmartList down to a few items to ensure there are no special characters and still get the same error.

Dynamics GP Version:  2013 R2 12.00.2038

Office 2013

Anyone else run into this issue or have suggestions to try?  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tim Wappat responded on 18 Feb 2017 6:47 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Thanks for the full information on the environment and problem!

There was a similar thread in the past with no resolution:

community.dynamics.com/.../127776

This seems to be an error passed back from excel regarding permissions issues, or lack of communication to excel via DDE.

There are some reports that the option in excel in advanced options for

“Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)” should be unchecked, maybe it is checked for this user?

Try running process monitor to see if any permission issues are occurring when the message comes up.

Tim.

Béat Bucher responded on 18 Feb 2017 9:28 AM

Hi Valerie,

Just a shot in the dark..  Does the export involve date fields?  Check the user's regional settings and use US-EN for the formatting...

ValerieH responded on 27 Feb 2017 11:32 AM
My Badges

Tim, the DDE was the culprit.  Thank you so much.  Pretty sure I never would have found this without your input.

Tim Wappat responded on 18 Feb 2017 6:47 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Thanks for the full information on the environment and problem!

There was a similar thread in the past with no resolution:

community.dynamics.com/.../127776

This seems to be an error passed back from excel regarding permissions issues, or lack of communication to excel via DDE.

There are some reports that the option in excel in advanced options for

“Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)” should be unchecked, maybe it is checked for this user?

Try running process monitor to see if any permission issues are occurring when the message comes up.

Tim.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS