SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Create a Workflow for Status Field Change

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

jansari asked a question on 24 May 2019 2:00 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hey folks, I am trying to create a workflow where a Status Reason Option set from one entity (in this case, the entity name is "Case") gets copied and updated into another custom entity (something I created and has a separate form).

I can't figure it out for some reason. Basically I a current workflow setup such that when the specific status changes in the "Case" form and is saved, the workflow automatically creates a new record in the customer entity, in this case "Case History Status" that I made. It copies all the information such as case ID, name and modified date, but I can't get the Status to change in the new entity. If I change the status from my "Case" entity to something like received that is part of the option set, I want it to show "received" in the Status reason in my new custom entity. 

Hope this makes sense. 

Peragin responded on 25 May 2019 5:54 AM

Hi,

This doesn't answer your question directly but it may help, community.dynamics.com/.../tracking-the-movements-of-a-case.

J

yashag2255 responded on 25 May 2019 11:16 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hey! Can you share a screenshot of the workflow? Generally, to update the status field from the workflow, you need to create a new step (Update Status) and choose the status over there.

Hope this helps!

Did you create new status reason options "Received"in your custom entity ?

Suggested Answer

Hi Jansari,

First of all, the status reasons optionset values should be the same for Case entity and custom entity. Once the status of Case will change, add step in a workflow "Status change" and select custom entity and set the corresponding status. We will be able to help if you will share more details.

jansari responded on 28 May 2019 10:16 AM
Suggested Answer

I was able to do this using field mapping and lookups.

Summary:

-Created a lookup field for Status Reason.

-Created another field called "Status Reason_2" and mapped that to Status Reason from the case

-This linked the two option sets from one entity to another

-Went to the workflow and added it in the properties tab for the update condition and made the edit.

yashag2255 responded on 25 May 2019 11:16 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hey! Can you share a screenshot of the workflow? Generally, to update the status field from the workflow, you need to create a new step (Update Status) and choose the status over there.

Hope this helps!

Suggested Answer

Hi Jansari,

First of all, the status reasons optionset values should be the same for Case entity and custom entity. Once the status of Case will change, add step in a workflow "Status change" and select custom entity and set the corresponding status. We will be able to help if you will share more details.

jansari responded on 28 May 2019 10:16 AM
Suggested Answer

I was able to do this using field mapping and lookups.

Summary:

-Created a lookup field for Status Reason.

-Created another field called "Status Reason_2" and mapped that to Status Reason from the case

-This linked the two option sets from one entity to another

-Went to the workflow and added it in the properties tab for the update condition and made the edit.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS