Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 1 PlanDynamics 365 release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.
2022 release wave 1 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Upgraded from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Version (184.108.40.206) (DB 220.127.116.11) on-premises to
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Version 1612 (18.104.22.168 (DB 22.214.171.124) on-premises.
Also, using Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809 OS build 17763.1697
And, Microsoft Excel 2016 (16.0.4966.1000) MSO (16.0.5095.1000) 32-bit
With CRM upgrade, we started getting the following error when exporting a Dynamic Marketing List using a View with a Related Entity Column (NOTE: The Related Column appears Blank on screen)
It doesn't matter whether the Export is to a Static Worksheet, Dynamic Worksheet or Dynamic PivotTable.
[white X in red circle) Failed to Generate Excel
An error occurred when Dynamics 365 tried to generate the Excel file. If this
problem persists, contact your system administrator
There was no issue with our previous version: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 (126.96.36.199) (DB 188.8.131.52) on-premises.
But now, any user, in any country, with any Security Role, on any server (all same version) or database that has tried has the same issue, even me, the System Administrator.
There is no issue exporting to a Static Marketing List and there is no issue if the View only has columns from the existing entity, no matter if it uses Accounts or Contacts (we don't use Leads)
Sounds like a fairly generic error in the UI. I would suggest to enable platform tracing on the CRM web front end server when reproducing the issue and check the trace files for the related error to get more details:
Thanks Alan. We'll give it a try and post our findings.
Our issue was raised to MSFT. Initially, they were unable to replicate it. It was only later in the process that we were told they were testing with 8.2.0 although we had specifically referenced 8.2.13. So the issue was introduced between 8.2.1 and 8.2.13. We had just upgraded to 8.2.13, a long effort to get all our business units on the same CRM version. Since we were the only unit using the Marketing functionality and perhaps the only MSFT Client based on response to this thread, we requested a hotfix so that our unit and the other units didn't have to be inconvenienced with another upgrade, possibly with it's own newly introduced issue(s). Unfortunately, MSFT said that the "fix is part of the CRM platform, not any solution. Hence [we'd] have to update the CRM version [to 8.2.28, where they implemented the fix]". I didn't understand their technological limitation but I did understand that we were not going to be getting a hotfix. If time allows, I may pursue insights to this nuance via a new thread. For now, I just wanted to bring closure to this issue in case someone else is experiencing the same frustrations that I did.
Business Applications communities