SBX - Forum Post Title

Limited User access to tables in NAV

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Forum

Tina Menezes asked a question on 21 Jun 2017 1:34 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi all,

For user License type 'Limited User' in NAV, write access is given to a maximum of three application table objects of our choice. So I want to know how can we select those three tables to be given access to?

Kindly suggest.

Thank in advance

Tina Menezes responded on 21 Jun 2017 4:39 AM
My Badges

Hi Tatiana,

I have already referred the above links which you suggested. But nothing is given about how we can select the three tables which the user with limited rights should have access to.

Marcell Turi responded on 21 Jun 2017 4:40 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Tina,

In a demo system set your user's license type to limited with the PowerShell command Set-NavServerUser: msdn.microsoft.com/.../set-navserveruser. Try to create a job with task and planning lines then restart the client and try to create a customer or any other record. I think it will make sense.

Alexander Ermakov responded on 22 Jun 2017 5:22 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Still there is this information: "...people wants to configure what three additional application tables these limited users can use. Base on the standard NAV, this is not possible. These users get write access to a maximum of three application tables in the object range 0 – 99,999,999 other than the General Ledger Entry table. But system will count the first three used application tables beside the default tables. This is counted by the session. That means, users can use different three application tables in different sessions."

https://totovic.com/2016/03/02/how-to-configure-limited-users-in-nav/

However you can limit it by setting up additional user permissions to shorten the list of tables to accsess.

Alexander Ermakov responded on 22 Jun 2017 5:22 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Still there is this information: "...people wants to configure what three additional application tables these limited users can use. Base on the standard NAV, this is not possible. These users get write access to a maximum of three application tables in the object range 0 – 99,999,999 other than the General Ledger Entry table. But system will count the first three used application tables beside the default tables. This is counted by the session. That means, users can use different three application tables in different sessions."

https://totovic.com/2016/03/02/how-to-configure-limited-users-in-nav/

However you can limit it by setting up additional user permissions to shorten the list of tables to accsess.

Marcell Turi responded on 21 Jun 2017 4:40 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Tina,

In a demo system set your user's license type to limited with the PowerShell command Set-NavServerUser: msdn.microsoft.com/.../set-navserveruser. Try to create a job with task and planning lines then restart the client and try to create a customer or any other record. I think it will make sense.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS