SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Store Operations POS Opens But Doesn't Display

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Forum

AGORETSKY asked a question on 12 Jun 2012 1:10 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I am running Windows 7 and Store Operations has been running fine. Then the next time I opened it, after logging in with my username/pw the program "opens" but the transaction screen isn't visible. The SOP icon is showing in the task bar at the bottom and if I open the task manager is says it's running. Anyone experienced this before? How did you remedy without uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program?

Jeff @ Check Point Software responded on 12 Jun 2012 4:34 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

After you're sure that its running, Ctrl + F6 | Transaction Screen tab | Window Button | set left and top to 0

width to 800, height to 600 and click OK twice

Resize as needed

Its caused by one's restarting the machine while the POS screen in minimized.

Gerald Rothaus responded on 13 Jun 2012 2:07 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Jeff is right.

But if you can't get it open, you may have to go to the registry to reset the height, left, top, width.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Retail Management System/Store Operations/POSUser/Display.

Credit for this one goes to Jeff from Check Point.

-Jerry

JR Data Inc.

AGORETSKY responded on 14 Jun 2012 7:31 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Thanks this worked!

Danny Ryu responded on 14 Jun 2012 12:55 PM
My Badges

why does the transaction screen position keep change to negative numbers where we can't see?

can anyone explain what causing this?

Jeff @ Check Point Software responded on 14 Jun 2012 5:54 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I mentioned earlier what causes it, re-starting Windows while RMS is minimized.  Remember that this program was written during the early days of Windows.  Programmers were encouraged to write everything in the Registry.

You can either go through the steps I mentioned or to permantely fix it, open POS and set the screen to your liking, open regedit to the key Gerald mentioned, right click on it and go to Permissions and Deny access by everyone.  That way it will not change positions until you change the permissions again.

Krista Bezanson responded on 24 Nov 2014 1:57 PM
My Badges

Is there any other way to fix this? By making the registry key read-only I also lose the ability to have custom status bars at the top.

stulex responded on 3 Aug 2015 3:21 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

A simple [Ctrl]+Right-click on the minimized SOP task running on the taskbar after "logon" will give you options to Maximize or Restore the window.  It's not a permanent fix, but it gets you going.

pgillock responded on 11 Jun 2019 2:56 PM

Shift + Right-Click

Jeff @ Check Point Software responded on 12 Jun 2012 4:34 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

After you're sure that its running, Ctrl + F6 | Transaction Screen tab | Window Button | set left and top to 0

width to 800, height to 600 and click OK twice

Resize as needed

Its caused by one's restarting the machine while the POS screen in minimized.

Gerald Rothaus responded on 13 Jun 2012 2:07 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Jeff is right.

But if you can't get it open, you may have to go to the registry to reset the height, left, top, width.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Retail Management System/Store Operations/POSUser/Display.

Credit for this one goes to Jeff from Check Point.

-Jerry

JR Data Inc.

AGORETSKY responded on 14 Jun 2012 7:31 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Thanks this worked!

Jeff @ Check Point Software responded on 14 Jun 2012 5:54 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I mentioned earlier what causes it, re-starting Windows while RMS is minimized.  Remember that this program was written during the early days of Windows.  Programmers were encouraged to write everything in the Registry.

You can either go through the steps I mentioned or to permantely fix it, open POS and set the screen to your liking, open regedit to the key Gerald mentioned, right click on it and go to Permissions and Deny access by everyone.  That way it will not change positions until you change the permissions again.

stulex responded on 3 Aug 2015 3:21 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

A simple [Ctrl]+Right-click on the minimized SOP task running on the taskbar after "logon" will give you options to Maximize or Restore the window.  It's not a permanent fix, but it gets you going.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS