SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Error deploying an environment in Lifecycle Services

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

jamesduffen asked a question on 9 Jul 2014 5:28 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified
I am trying to create a virtual machine with an instance of AX2012R3 running on it in azure. I am using Lifecycle services to do this. (http://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/dn741578.aspx - following these instructions) When I come to deploy my environment, I get the message; 'An error has occurred. This error has been logged in our datacentre.' Does anyone know what the cause of this error is, or have a suggestion for a work-around? Thanks

Hi James,

Can you indicate if you already linked an azure subscription in LCS? Does this subscription has a spending limit or not?

jamesduffen responded on 9 Jul 2014 6:22 AM
My Badges

Hi Andre, thanks for the reply.

I have linked the azure subscription with the management certificate. I assume this has worked, thought I saw no confirmation in LCS. The subscription does not have a spending limit as we are using the 31day free trial.

Many thanks,

John Waters responded on 9 Jul 2014 9:59 AM

I get the same error when trying to deploy AX2012R3.  Accounts are linked and no spending limits.  I've tried it several times now.

jamesduffen responded on 9 Jul 2014 10:07 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I have managed to deploy my environment. When asked to specify a region when connecting LCS and Azure, (at the point after downloading the management certificate), specify the region as US (any will do I think, I used central)

This seemed to work for me. Perhaps due to cloud hosting still being beta?

hope this helps.  

John Waters responded on 9 Jul 2014 10:18 AM

Thanks for the reply.  I'm still getting the error.  I tried US East and US South Central.  I'll probably have to get support involved at this point.

Thanks.

Kevin Kidder responded on 10 Jul 2014 3:25 PM
My Badges

I would suggest entering a support request at  this point if you are still having issues. There have been times where a timeout has occurred while copying the VM images through Azure to your subscription, but if you continue to see this than there is likely something else occurring which we will have to investigate once we get details of your deployment ID or subscription ID through a support request.

Kevin

orichardt responded on 15 Jul 2014 8:46 PM

I get the same message when trying to deploy!

Toraj Khavari responded on 16 Jul 2014 10:28 AM
My Badges

I am connected to West US and see the "An error has occurred. This error has been logged in our datacenter" error. July 15 all day and Now July 16 PST AM 2014.

Kevin Kidder responded on 16 Jul 2014 3:32 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Thanks James for providing a possible solution before. Here is some additional information related to this issue:

We have been investigating this issue, and believe that we have found the root cause of the problem related to new functionality introduced with our July LCS updates. I can reproduce this using a Pre-Sales type of project in LCS, but using a Learn type of project in LCS will work fine for me.

Please let me know if you experience the error when using a Learn type of project within LCS.

Kevin

John Waters responded on 17 Jul 2014 7:37 AM

When I create a project, the only project types I have are Implement, Upgrade, and Maintenance.  I've tried all 3.  Implement and Upgrade give me the error.  Maintenance doesn't let me into the "Cloud powered support (Beta)" selection.  It gives me a message saying "Sorry, the current user does not have permission to access this resource.".  I am the owner of the project.

John

Kevin Kidder responded on 22 Jul 2014 5:34 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

We have released a hotfix for this issue to the Lifecycle Services portal, so you should be able to deploy a demo VM from any LCS project type at this time.

Kevin

John Waters responded on 23 Jul 2014 8:50 AM

It's working for me now.

John

jamesduffen responded on 9 Jul 2014 10:07 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I have managed to deploy my environment. When asked to specify a region when connecting LCS and Azure, (at the point after downloading the management certificate), specify the region as US (any will do I think, I used central)

This seemed to work for me. Perhaps due to cloud hosting still being beta?

hope this helps.  

Kevin Kidder responded on 16 Jul 2014 3:32 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Thanks James for providing a possible solution before. Here is some additional information related to this issue:

We have been investigating this issue, and believe that we have found the root cause of the problem related to new functionality introduced with our July LCS updates. I can reproduce this using a Pre-Sales type of project in LCS, but using a Learn type of project in LCS will work fine for me.

Please let me know if you experience the error when using a Learn type of project within LCS.

Kevin

Kevin Kidder responded on 22 Jul 2014 5:34 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

We have released a hotfix for this issue to the Lifecycle Services portal, so you should be able to deploy a demo VM from any LCS project type at this time.

Kevin

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS