SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Recording a Revaluation Transaction in AX

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

KBOS asked a question on 13 Jun 2018 1:38 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello!

I am testing a revaluation transaction in AX-2012.  The FA Journal posting to adjust the Cost value is working appropriately.  When I view my Profile for the Asset (ie. future depreciation) after posting the revaluation I am expecting to see the same amount of depreciable periods as before, however I am seeing more periods therefore extending the service life of the asset (in this example I added value to the asset Cost basis).  In the end the NBV is $0.  Is there a way for the system to calculate the remaining NBV over the remaining depreciable periods vs. calculating what the depreciation should have been and using that amount until NBV is $0?  I checked the box on the Asset "create depreciation adjustments with basis adjustments" and that did not seem to make a difference.

*Note - our company was sold and is therefore revaluing assets, we are not changing accounting systems at this time or General Ledgers, it is as if we are continuing business as usually just making our purchasing accounting entries on a certain date so that our reporting is correct.  Perhaps there is a better way to manage this in AX?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Zvika Rimalt responded on 13 Jun 2018 8:21 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

What is your depreciation method?

If you use "straight line - service life", it means monthly depreciation is based on the original service life/value - hence increasing/decreasing the asset value will make depreciation takes longer/shorter time.

If you want to increase the depreciation so the asset reaches 0 at the same time as before, you need to change your depreciation method to "straight line - life remaining"

Zvika Rimalt responded on 13 Jun 2018 8:21 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

What is your depreciation method?

If you use "straight line - service life", it means monthly depreciation is based on the original service life/value - hence increasing/decreasing the asset value will make depreciation takes longer/shorter time.

If you want to increase the depreciation so the asset reaches 0 at the same time as before, you need to change your depreciation method to "straight line - life remaining"

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS