Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Hi, I'm currently testing the Data Loader functionality and I am having an issue deploying the runtime to connect to a CRM Online 2015 Update 1 instance (V7.1). I have successfully deployed to a CRM Online 2016 instance (V8).
The error returned is: "The api app is not deployed properly: name='DynIntCrmManagement'"
I've tried and it has failed twice with deployment Ids 8b7a5295-9eec-4a37-b7d8-a1c07aa85c4d and 1a1b46fd-ba6a-4f16-8713-147887c944e2
Is connection to a V7.1 instance supported? It looks like it should be from the January Release Notes: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/lcs/2016/01/07/data-loader-january-release-notes/
Is it possible to see why this is failing?
Sean, We will take a look at the logs. Sorry the trouble.
I was able to find the issue in our logs. We were actually notified of the problem while it was happening from our alerts and have open a bug to fix the problem. Let me give you some detail and a possible way for you to get unblocked.
When the Data Loader runtime starts it fetches all the Entity metadata from CRM. If that fails the runtime deployment will be marked as failed because without the entity metadata nothing will really work in the Data Loader.
In your specific case we encountered an error (thrown by CRM) when reading an entity. The error is: Found an integer attribute with unrecognized format: new_timesheetcode.
Unfortunately i cant tell which entity has that attribute but if you can find it and fix it in the CRM metadata you can retry the Data Loader deployment.
As mentioned we have opened a bug to make this part of the Data Loader more robust to issues like this.
Do let us know if you encounter any issues deploying after addressing the issue with the CRM entity metadata.
Thanks for checking this for me, I can see that attribute on one of our entities. I've loaded all Metadata using the XrmToolBox and I can't see anything "wrong" with that particular attribute.
Although I've checked and it's not actually used anywhere in our deployment.
So I'll remove it and try to deploy the runtime again.
The runtime deployed successfully last night, thanks for your help on this Jeppe.
Business Applications communities