Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
When posting to item journal. I always get this error.
"The Server "net.tcp://servername:7771/Samplename/service" is either unavailable or your connection has been lost.Do you want to attempt to reconnect?"
Can you just confirm below:
1) Is there any profile Id attached with user? If yes, please try the same after removing the profile id from the User ID
2) Is there any customization done in Item journal? - Please reduce the unwanted fields from item journal page and retry the posting.
3) Is this error coming for specific user or for all users?
Please check above points and let us know your observation.
check if there are nav objects, which are not compiled?
recompile the item journal page.
It is very strange thing to happen.
Is this only happen with Item Journal or does it happen with other modules as well?
Check your connection when you post it. This can be done with a help of a network admin.
is this happen to item journal only ?
is it happen when you posting entries only ?
If you have any customization, please check the code for the possible infinite loops etc.
Restart the NAV service.
I had the same issue just yesterday and this is how i resolved it.
1. On the NAV server, go to NAV Dynamic Administration
2. Click on the + (Microsoft Dynamic Local) to see your instance
3. Select the instance you connect to
4. Go to Client Services
5. Change the Reconnect time or increase the re-connection time by clicking on Edit and change it. then Click Save.
6.Go back to step 2 and Right click your instance from the NAV Server Instance pane and click on restart.
7. Go to windows Services from Control Panel and look for the Nav Service and restart it or better still restart the NAV Server if possible.
I hope this helps.
Business Applications communities